Product Care For Coffee Equipment
At Coffee in a place, we stand by our products. Customers can be assured that the products purchased will be supported by our technical support team.
Below are some commonly asked questions for product care and services.
Who Can Service My Machine?
Coffee in a place provides direct service and support for all the products we carry.
How Do I Send My Machine In For Repair?
Please contact our technical support team before you send any machine in for service. Our technical support team will provide you with the information for sending the machine to us.
Questions Warranty and Non-Warranty Repairs
At Coffee in a place our repair team is equipped to provide cleaning and repair services for machines from the manufacturers we support. These services are offered to our customers regardless of whether or not a product is still covered under a warranty.
Questions about In-Warranty Service
At Coffee in a place most of our products are entitled for warranty of up to 2 years. Should your machine be under warranty, it will be repaired at no cost. However, please note that the condition and symptoms of all machines received by our repair shop will be assessed by a technician to determine the eligibility for warranty repair services.
- How Do I Determine If My Product Is Covered By a Warranty?
- The full term of a product’s warranty periods starts on the date of its purchase.
- To find your product’s warranty term, please refer to the product’s manual for the full terms and coverage details.
- How Much Does Warranty Service Cost?
- If the problem is found to be eligible for warranty service by a technician, the cost of any parts and labour will be covered by Coffee in a place.
- Warranty repairs does not cover shipping and delivery cost. You are responsible for any costs to ship the product in for service and delivery to your preferred address.
- For Products Serviced By Coffee in a place, What Is Covered By My Product’s Warranty?
- Failures due to a manufacturer’s defect(s) in the the product as confirmed by our technicians.
- Other mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic issues found eligible for warranty service by our technicians
- The cost of all labour performed by the technician servicing an eligible warranty issue.
- For Products Serviced By Coffee in a place, What Is Not Covered By My Product’s Warranty?
- User error
- Improper maintenance or storage
- Scale accumulation in water circuit
- Improper Use (Eg, home equipment in any commercial environment)
- Failure of normal wear and tear parts (Eg, group gaskets, shower screens, other maintenance items or processes as indicated by the manufacturer)
- Damage or wear due to negligence
- Damage sustained in transit
- Damage stemming from one or more of the above conditions
- What Happens If My Problem Is Deemed Ineligible For Warranty Service?
- For problems identified as ineligible for warranty service by a technician, the repair will be completed as a non-warranty service.
- Repair of ineligible problems will be handled on an estimate-basis.
- What If My Machine Is Damaged During Shipping?
- If your machine arrives damaged, you are advised to inform us on the day when you have received your machine. Delayed notification will be treated on a case by case basis and we have the rights to reject any damage claim at our discretion.
- The party shipping the damaged product is solely responsible for contacting the parcel carrier and opening a freight damage claim on the shipment. We prefer that you send all items DHL or FedEx, insured for the full value of the machine or item in transit.
- If requested, Coffee in a place will create an estimate (consisting of parts and/or labor necessary) to repair the damage sustained in transit.
- What If Additional or Potential Problems Are Found With My Machine?
- It is possible that additional problems not identified in the initial diagnosis may be found while completing the machine’s warranty service. If this occurs and the problems are found to be ineligible for warranty service, we will produce and send an estimate for your review, recommending the parts and/or labor necessary to address the issue.
- My Machine Is Located Outside Of Singapore/Malaysia
- Coffee in a place cannot offer warranty service on products located outside of Singapore/ Malaysia.
- My Machine Was Not Purchased From Coffee in a place
- We are unable to provide warranty coverage for machine not purchased from us. We can however provide non warranty repair service for the faulty machine.
Questions about Non-Warranty Service
We handle all repairs for products outside of their warranty on an estimate basis. For these repairs, the costs will be determined based on the needs of the individual machine by our team of technicians. You will be responsible for the cost of any parts and labor necessary to complete the repair and shipping costs to return it to you.
- How Much Will My Repair Cost?
- Once your machine reaches the repair bench, the cost of any parts and/or labor needed to complete its non-warranty repair is assembled into an estimate by one of our repair technicians.
- All non-warranty repairs will have a non-refundable diagnostic fee applied. This fee will be waived should you opt to complete service.
- Note: It is possible that additional problems not identified in the initial estimate may be found while completing the service suggested. If this occurs, we will send a revised estimate for your approval.
- How Much Will Return Shipping Cost?
- The final cost of shipping your machine back to you is dependent on its weight at the time of shipment and its destination address. As such, this cost will be calculated once the estimate has been approved and the work completed.
- What Is The Diagnostic Service, And How Much Does It Cost?
- Our diagnostic service includes thoroughly testing your machine to identify the root cause of any problems it may be displaying. Diagnostic Service is billed at a flat-rate of $45 and is non-refundable.
- If you opt to complete the repair as quoted, this diagnostic fee will be waived.
- How Much Time Do I Have to Review My Repair’s Estimate?
- You will have ten (10) business days to review your estimate from the time it is first sent to you.
- If we do not receive any response after ten (10) business days, the repair estimate will be automatically declined. You will be billed for the non-refundable diagnostic fee, the shipping cost, and the machine will then be returned to you as it was received.
- What If I Have Questions About My Estimate or Want to Approve or Decline It?
- Simply reply to the estimate notice by email and state your desired action. Let us know how you wish to proceed and we will process your request.
- What If I Have Questions About My Estimate?
- During the review period, you are welcome to discuss the repair estimate with a member of our Technical Support department. Please note that our technicians have recommended the service quoted in the estimated based on their knowledge of the product and will recommend preventative maintenance measures if they feel it is necessary.
- Approval Of The Estimate
- You will be billed the cost of parts and labor quoted in the estimate you’ve approved, as well as the cost of shipping the completed repair to you.
- Disapproval Of The Estimate
- If you wish to decline the estimate and want the machine returned, you will be billed for the non-refundable diagnostic fee and the cost of shipping the machine back to you.
- Disposal Of The Faulty Product
- If you wish to decline the estimate and simply do not want the machine/ product returned, you will be billed for the non-refundable diagnostic fee and the machine/ product will be safely cleaned and recycled.
At Coffee in a place, we stand by the quality of our work. All completed repairs include our 30-Day Repair Guarantee; If within 30 days of its delivery to you the machine experiences the same problem as was originally reported to us, our technicians will work with you to identify the problem and correct it.
Shipping My Repair
It is your responsibility to properly package and ship any merchandise sent to Coffee in a place for repair. Any damage sustained by your machine while in transit will incur higher repair fees. Assume that the shipper will not handle your machine delicately. Protect it appropriately.
- Who Do I Use To Ship My Repair To You?
We highly recommend that you call us for a pick up by one of our agents or send the faulty to our technicians personally. Due to complications surrounding freight damage, we advise against using couriers for repair orders in Singapore.
- How Do I Package My Repair?
To minimize the chance of your machine being damaged in transit, we strongly advise re-using its original packaging—the manufacturer’s box and larger over-box—if you have them. If you do not, ensure that you properly double-box your machine, taking care to properly cushion it with several inches of sturdy packing material on every side to prevent shipping damage.
Alternatively, have it professionally packed by a shipping store (make sure to check their work before shipping it out). If you include any accessories with your machine, please be sure to thoroughly wrap the loose parts with a suitable packing material.
- What Are Suitable Packing Materials?
We recommend using the following packing materials when shipping your machine to us for repair:
Original Manufacturers Packaging and Shipping Overboxes, Bubble Wrap, Packing Peanuts, Molded/Fitted Styrofoam Inserts, Rigid Foam Wrapping
We advise against using the following packing materials when shipping your machine to us for repair:
- Inflated Air Bags, Flexible Cardboard Inserts, Brown Packing Paper, Newsprint, or Any Other Material Weakened by Moisture
- What Should I Include With My Shipment?
With any repair, only include the bare machine and any accessories directly associated with the problem being displayed.
- Is There Anything I Should Not Send?
Unless they are part of the problem you described, remove the following parts from the machine and keep them with you to guard against any damage they could cause during transit:
Portafilter and Baskets, Drip Tray and Cup Grid, Power Cord
Please refer to your owner’s manual for assistance with removing any parts or accessories. We are not responsible for parts or accessories sent to the Coffee in a place repair facility that are unrelated to the requested services.
- What If My Machine Is Damaged In Transit?
In the event that your package is damaged in transit, you are responsible for filing a damage claim with the carrier. Please be aware that you need to file this claim within the time frame stated by the carrier. Coffee in a place does not assume any responsibility for items lost or damaged during transit.
Get the latest updates!
Get the latest updates!